If you want to know how to become a CID officer After 12th (with saving your time) then continue reading this post…
The CID serial, which has been running for almost 20 years on the television world, is still very much liked by the people.
Seeing the CID officers shown in this serial (like Dr. Shaluke, ACP, Daya, Abhijeet, Sachin etc.) you must have thought that….
Whether there is anything like a CID or not. If so how can we become a CID officer? What is the qualification required to become a CID officer?
If you are thinking exactly the same, there is no need to wander.
Because today we will talk on this topic on Aimpur like what is a CID? How to become CID officer after 12th.
Let's find it...
What is CID?
CID whose full name is Criminal Investigation Department. The CID was formed on 1 April 1906 by the British Government.
It is an organization of Indian Police. Therefore, it will not be wrong to call CID officers as police officers.
CID officers act as the detective agency for the Government of India.
CID investigates special category cases and cases assigned by the government and DGP (Director General of Police). Such as investigate cases like murder cases, dacoity, cheating and any sexual offense etc.
Ranks For CID Officers
Following are some of the departmental ranks of CID.
- Additional Director General of Police (ADGP)
- Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Inspector-General of Police
- Deputy Inspector General of Police
Eligibility to become a CID Officer
To become a CID officer, a candidate must have the following qualifications.
- To become a CID employee or CID officer, the candidate must have acquired the citizenship of India.
- Both male and female can apply for CID officer.
- To become a CID employee, the candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized school. And there should be at least 55% marks in both 10th and 12th.
- Candidate should be graduate or postgraduate from a recognized college or university.
- Physical height to become a CID Officer-
- For men – 165cm and chest – 76 cm
- For women – 150cm
- To become a CID officer, the eyes must be healthy.
Age Limit to become CID Officer
Like UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and other government jobs, different age limits have been set for all categories in CID. as written below…
- General category- 20 to 27 years
- OBC category- 20 to 30 years
- ST/ SC category- 20 to 32/35 years
Relaxation of 3 years is given for OBC category and 5 years for ST/SC category in CID. In many cases it can be up to 8 years.
More Coming soon….
Attempt Limit to become a CID Officer
To become a CID officer, different attempt limits have been set for different categories. A candidate can apply only within the prescribed number of attempts.
- General category- 4 times
- OBC category- 7 times
- ST/ SC category- Unlimited number of times
Salary of CID Officer*
As you all know that the salary of any department is not fixed. Salary is given on the basis of rank of the employees working in that department.
Similarly, in CID also, the officer gets salary on the basis of his rank.
Still, if we talk about the average salary, then a normal CID employee gets a salary of ₹20,000 to ₹45,000 per month.