We all have a desire to earn more and more money. But where we start earning more money than we need, we also have to pay tax on our income. Because the per capita income is constantly monitored by the Government of India. That’s why in our country the people who earn more than a certain limit. Those people give some money to the Government of India in the form of tax. This tax is taken by Income Tax, an organization of the Government of India, so today we know about this institution Income Tax.
What is Income Tax Officer (ITO)?
There is an income tax officer and a department of the central government, which has been constituted for the work of ‘information related to people’s income’, collecting taxes from people, and giving information about defaulters to the administration.
It is a central service department that deals with the income tax related functions of the Government of India, the Central Board of Direct Taxes deals with the income tax related matters of CBDT.
How to become an Income Tax Officer?
To become an Income Tax Officer, we have to work hard as well as keep the exam syllabus, abilities and mathematical power strong and keep taking information about this department.
Qualifications to become Income Tax Officer
1. To become an Income Tax Officer, we have to first pass 10+2 i.e. class 12 from Science stream with 50% marks.
- After passing the Inter examination, one has to graduate from a recognized university and after that the CGL examination of SSC will have to be given and passed in which there is a relaxation of 5% for SC / ST and 3% for OBC candidates. and there is a relaxation of 10 years for PWD 3. Minimum age to apply for CGL exam is 21 years and maximum age is up to 27 years 4. This exam is held every year and every year the posts are removed for Income Tax Officer, this process is in two stages Phase 1. In this stage, an examination has to be given in which the candidate has to reach his examination center. In this examination, objective type questions are asked which are of 200 marks, the time to solve them is 2 hours. Phase 2. In this stage only those students take the exam who have passed the first stage exam. There are 4 papers in this stage. Result After these examinations are called for document test and physical test and after this the merit list of the candidate is made and the candidates whose names are in that list become the Income Tax Officer. physical test Physical test is also done to become an income tax officer, only after passing this exam, a person becomes an income tax officer, the person who fails in these examinations cannot become an income tax officer. has made various rules which are as follows
- Height of boys has been fixed as 157.5 cm to go to this department To go to this service, the height of the girls has been fixed as 152cm
- Chest length should be 81cm to go to this section
- To go to this area, boys have to walk 1600m in 15min and go 8km in 30min by cycling To go to this area, girls have to walk 1 kilometer in 20 minutes and cycling have to go 3km in 20 minutes. Salary This is an area where the salary of any Income Tax Officer is decided on the basis of his/her merit. Persons of this department are rich. The salary of the officers of this department is initially around Rs. 40000. Other allowances to the persons going to this area. And these officers get grade – pay scale -9300 to 34800 Grade pay- 4600 Starting Pay- 9300 Total Salary – 13800